Intermountain Healthcare Dental Asst - Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake City, Utah
Greater Salt Lake area
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in healthcare. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve theextraordinary together .
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 36,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: Helping people live the healthiest lives possible.
Our patients deserve the best in healthcare, and we deliver.
The Dental Assistant functions as a clinical support partner to assist the Dental team by performing various tasks in a busy Pediatric Dental Office located at Primary Children’s Hospital.
Essential Job Duties
- Prepares for dental clinic cases by gathering required equipment, instrumentation and supplies.
- Assists with dental procedures in a clinic under the supervision of a licensed professional.
- Ensures availability of resources, supplies and equipment.
- Ensures that equipment, instruments and supplies are maintained in accordance with hospital and clinic standards prior to and following procedures.
- Performs sterilization procedures for instruments and equipment in accordance with hospital and regulatory standards.
- Maintains a neat, clean and safe environment supportive of appropriate patient care.
- Performs patient charting and documentation using electronic patient charting/medical record system.
- Obtains patient dental x-rays and diagnostic photos.
- May receive, prepare, mark and deliver medications as per policy.
- Entry Rate: Based on Experience
- Benefits Eligible: Yes
- Shift Details:16 to 20 hours/week, hours and days vary within 8:00 to 4:30 Monday-Friday Clinic hours of operation.
- Department: Dental Clinic
- Utah Radiology Certification (if working in a Dental Clinic).
- BLS Certification for Healthcare Providers.
- One year of experience in a healthcare or dental setting.
- Basic computer skills.
- Carrying, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Standing, Walking.
- Charside Dental Office experience strongly preferred
- Dental Assistant Program Completion.
- Pediatric Dental Office experience
All positions subject to close without notice. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Working Hours 20
Primary Work Location Primary Children's Hospital
Expertise Patient Care Support / Technicians
Job Type Part Time
Location US-UT-Salt Lake City