Pacific Dental Services, LLC Expanded Functions Dental Assistant in Melbourne, Florida
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
Create a Profile|Log In
Or apply with these other sources
Apply with LinkedIn
- Add to Saved Jobs
Expanded Functions Dental Assistant
As a Registered Dental Assistant, EF at Pacific Dental Services you will have the opportunity to join a stable company that is experiencing a tremendous amount of growth, values your contribution, and provides you with a career rather than just a job.
Registered Dental Assistants with Extended Functions perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory duties. The primary role of the Registered Dental Assistant Extended Function (RDA-EF) is to assist the dentist in gaining the patient’s commitment to the best possible treatment with a sense of urgency all while maintaining a friendly demeanor.
• Perform functions in accordance with the applicable state’s Dental Auxiliaries Table of Permitted Duties.
• Actively participate in attempting to achieve the Perfect Patient Experience® by striving to keep your patients focused on the best possible treatment with urgency.
• Promote the good qualities of your doctor.
• Maintain a clean, sterile, and cheerful environment where your patients feel comfortable; prepare patients for treatment, and assist the doctors - thereby enabling them to provide efficient, quality dental treatment.
• At the direction of the dentist, obtain dental history and/or records from patient (review patient health history and careslips).
• At the direction of the dentist, complete x-rays and intra-oral pictures of patients as appropriate.
• Prepare tray setups for dental procedures.
• Present instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients' mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
• At the direction of the dentist, instruct patients on postoperative and general oral health care.
• At the direction of the dentist, record patient charting and all doctor notes on treatment record.
• Sterilize and disinfect instruments, equipment, and operatories in accordance with the American Dental Association guidelines.
• Maintain adequate supply levels in each operatory, replenishing as needed.
• Maintain strict compliance with State, Federal, and other regulations, (e.g., OSHA, WC, Dental Board, HIPAA, ADA, FEHA, DOL, HR policies and practices).
• Associate degree or one-year certificate from an accredited college or technical school, six months to one year of related experience or training, and/or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Certificates/Licenses/Registrations: As mandated by applicable state (e.g. coronal polish, x-ray exposure, ultrasonic scaling for orthodontic procedures, pit and fissure sealant application, etc.).
Your commitment to Pacific Dental Services® is the key to our success. In turn, we’ll reward you with a benefits package that shows we care about you, your family and your future. We’ll even financially support your efforts to earn your master’s degree! We encourage team members to develop their distinctive talents and strengths—and embrace an entrepreneurial spirit that rewards individual achievement.
Location: Melbourne, Florida, US
Company Name: Dentists of Melbourne
Pacific Dental Services (PDS) partners with individual owner dentists across the U.S., providing them with business support services so they can stay focused on their passion: dentistry. PDS and its supported owner dentists offer career opportunities nationwide. Established in 1994, PDS has been ranked in Inc.’s 500|5000 list of America’s fastest-growing private companies for eight years in a row, and continues to grow. PDS is founded on a core set of values that guides our daily lives, distinguishes the strength and character of our organization and directs our critical decisions. At PDS and in our supported offices, we aim to be the very best at everything we do. Fortunately, that helps us attract the very best team members – and we hope you’ll be one of them.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran